INDIAN MILITARY NURSING SERVICE – BSC COURSE INFORMATION AND MNS SALARY
Indian Military Nursing Service is considered as a prestigious work to serve the nation. Indian military offers 4 years B.Sc., Nursing course for female candidates in India. The nursing course is conducted in College of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services.
INDIAN MILITARY NURSING SERVICE (MNS) SALARY
Military Nursing Salary is considered upon Pay Band, Grade Pay and Levels. Average Military Nurse earns 57800 INR per month.
Pay Band – (PB – 3) earns between 15600 to 39100 INR and 5400 INR (Grade Pay)
Existing Basic Pay for nurse is 5400 + 16880.
Grade Pay – 5400 INR and Existing Pay – 16880 INR
Final Revised Pay for Military Nurses is 57800 INR per month.
|LEVELS||10||10 A||10 B|
Selection of candidates is based on the merit cum choice. Selection is subject to medical fitness and the vacancies in each college. The selected candidates will be allowed to serve in the Military Nursing Service based on Agreement/Bond.
After completion of nursing course (4 years), the candidates will be granted Permanent/Short Service Commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission.
If the candidate withdraws from the course, termination of training or refusal to accept Commission in the MNS, the candidate needs to pay the Agreement/Bond money as per the Agreement/Bond executed. During training, the candidates will be provided with free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend as per terms and conditions.
After passing the final year University examination for B.Sc., (Nursing) Course, the candidates will be offered Commission in the Military Nursing Service which is subject to medical fitness. On the date of declaration of results from respective Universities, the candidates will be commissioned in Indian Military Nursing Service.
The date of seniority in service is determined by the date of commission (declaration of result from respective Universities). As the candidates have joined the course in same year, their seniority will be decided only by date of commission.
|Serial No||Name of Institution||No of seats available||Tentative date of declaration of Result|
|1||CON, AFMC Pune||40||Aug|
|2||CON, CH (EC) Kolkata||30||Sep/Oct|
|3||CON, INHS Asvini||40||Aug|
|4||CON, AH (R&R) New Delhi||30||July/Aug|
|5||CON, CH (CC) Lucknow||40||Nov/Dec|
|6||CON, CH (AF) Bangalore||40||Jan/Feb (of Subsequent year of exam)|
Total number of seats offered for B.Sc., Nursing course is 220. For each college of nursing (CON), the declaration of Result will be different. For instance, CON (AF) Bangalore offers 40 seats and result of examination will be declared during Jan/Feb (of subsequent year of exam).
CON, AFMC Pune offers 40 seats and tentative date of declaration of Result during Aug. CON, CH (EC) Kolkata offers 30 seats and date of declaration of Result during Sep/Oct. CON, INHS Asvini Institution offers 40 seats and date of Result during Aug. CON, AH (R&R) New Delhi Institution offers 30 seats and declaration of Result during Jul/Aug. CON, CH (CC) Lucknow Institution offers 40 seats and date of declaration of Result during Nov/Dec.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR BSC NURSING COURSE
- Female candidates who are unmarried/divorced/legally separated/widow without encumbrances
- Nationality – Citizen of India
- Date of Birth – it’s important for application for B.Sc., Nursing Course
- Educational Qualification – Candidates must have passed in the first attempt, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory /Recognized Board/University/Examination Body. Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the course.
- Physical standards – Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for Commission in the Armed Forces as amended from time to time. X-ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen and pelvis) will be done. Minimum height required for entry into Armed Forces for female candidates is 152 cm. Gorkhas and candidates belonging to North Eastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon will be accepted with a minimum height of 148 cm.
- Computer Based Examination: Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type Computer Based Examination of 150 marks for 90 minutes duration likely to be held in the month of April, every year.
|S No||Subject||No of questions||Max. Marks|
|3||Science (Biology, Physics and Chemistry)||50||50|
Note: 1. there shall be no negative marking. 2. If the Computer Based Examination is held in multiple shifts, the process of normalization will be adopted for generation of the merit list.
2. Interview and Medical Examination – the candidates qualified in the Computer Based Examination will be called for interview and Medical Examination in the month of June at selected centre. The interview has a maximum weightage of 100 marks. Final selection will be based on the combined merit of Computer Based Examination and Interview, subject to medical fitness of the candidate, choice and vacancy in each College.
3. Reservation of Seats – Reservation of seats for admission as per the existing policy
SC/ST candidates – 15 seats
NCC candidates possessing “C” Certificates – 25 seats
The reserved seats will be in addition to any vacancies secured by SC/ST/NCC “C” candidates on the basis of their position of the General Merit List. To the extent SC/ST/NCC “C” candidates are not available to fill the reserved vacancies; the same will be filled up by the candidates from the General Merit List.
Important Note: The reservation of seats will be applied while preparing the Combined Merit List only.
The candidates are required to choose 3 examination centres in order of preference from the list of centre provided while filling the online application form. Allotment of centers will be on “first apply-first allot basis”.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates may apply and pay the application fee online through www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
The candidate’s E-mail ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select her own password. Candidates must remember their username and password for further correspondence.
Only the Eligible candidates will be able to pay the online application processing fee of INR 750 (Rupees seven hundred and fifty only).
The Admit cards for Computer Based Examination will be made available on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
No Admit card will be sent by Post.
List of Documents
The selection of the candidate for B.Sc., (Nursing) will however be subject to producing of the original Mark sheet/Certificate of the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent before final selection.